[TRLog] Re: So Mrs. Lincoln - how did you enjoy the show?

Subject: [TRLog] Re: So Mrs. Lincoln - how did you enjoy the show?
From: becker@SPRINTMAIL.COM (Tony and Celia Becker)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 20:57:39 -0600
Hi Tree and the group!

At 01:13 PM 10/27/97 -0800, you wrote:
>It is time to get a new in basket...

You have set a president (sic) for fast service, so what did you expect?

>Did anyone have any luck with the packet QSX feature?  I didn't get
>a lot of time to play with it during the contest, but I did spend
>a little time with it on 40 meters and it seemed to be working as
>intended.

As a matter of fact we used it quite a lot.  It worked great on with the band
map, using CTRL-PGDN, UP/RIGHT/DWN/LEFT to point and CR to select.
Unfortunately, not with the LAST 10 PACKET SPOTS function...

#  ACTION/RESULT
1.  CTRL-U, UP or DWN, CR to select/FT1000MP VFOs to correct freq, but CW mode!

Problem:  Rig should stay in LSB!

2.  CTRL-U, UP or DWN, RIGHT to select column 2/VFOs to correct freq, but CW
mode!

Problem:  RIGHT acted like CR, and the last five spots on right column are
inaccessable.

We also had a problem with spots showing up up to five times, but this may be
due to the fact that we could not get the TNC to connect to the node, and were
receive only.

More later...

AE0M, Tony Becker - becker@sprintmail.com - Silicon Valley, USA