[TRLog] Serial cable wiring

Subject: [TRLog] Serial cable wiring
From: (Gilbert Baron)
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 22:32:48 GMT
My system is still taking from 15 seconds to 1 minute to see changes
to the frequency. I do have CTS-RTS jumpered. I don't have DSR-Carrier
detect since neither pins 1 nor 6 in the Kenwood have any connection.
They are Carrier Detect and DSR and I guess kenwood has no use for

The real problem is that the jumper information in the manual is not
consistent. It says for DB25 to use 6 to 8  (DSR-CD) and 4 to 5
(RTS-CTS). I think this is correct. The information for the DB9 which
I use says 1 to 6 (DSR-CD) which is the same function as the DB25 BUT
it says 4 to 7 (DTR-RTS) which is not at all the same thing. I think
it should be 7 to 8 (RTS-CTS) as on the DB25. This has caused me a LOT
of time and trouble. I hope I can avoid that for someone else.
Even with this setup, it still takes a long time to see changes and I
don't think that should happen but I don't think it will ever miss it
when you actually make a log entry so I will live with it.
Gil Baron W0MN
Bailar es vivir" pgp2.6 key
"Cuatro caminos hay en mi vida. Cual de los cuatro sera el mejor"
[Posted with Agent 1.5. For info, email]

Feature Wishlist: