[TRLog] Radio interface is not working correctly

Subject: [TRLog] Radio interface is not working correctly
From: no6x@inreach.com (Mike)
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 18:58:37 +0000
>It just does not handle the 870 correctly.

>That means I can't use a very NICE feature that
>keeps me from reaching for the radio and getting a sore >back.

i sure wish I understood what you are trying to do, my 870 interfaces
wonderfully with the program. the only feature not existant that I wish was
is the ability to play the DRU memories from the serial port. It is capable
of doing it "the book says" So I am sure this feature will come along soon
enough. The only thing that I can see being done is the fact that you are
trying to send cw from same serial port. I am not knocking this. I am just
trying to say that when all else fails, use what works. I have used the
parallel port for keying and the serial port for the radio. And NO RF IN
EITHER! even at legal limit.
 In my limited goofing I guess I just did not want to try the serial
port-do-all thing as I have heard too many headaches occur when trying to
use I/O ports for more than one thing.

GL,
Mike...NO6X

Check out my home page at http://home.inreach.com/no6x