[TRLog] mode change nemisis

Subject: [TRLog] mode change nemisis
From: gbaron@sparc.isl.net (Gilbert Baron)
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 02:22:26 GMT
>On Mon, 3 Nov 1997 20:50:28 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>Well, gang, I thought I had my mode change problem solved but it was
>premature optimism.  My Omni 6 plus is set at 4800 baud, cde switch off in
>the menu.  Everything is working properly with the rig and TR except the
>mode is changing from c.w. to ssb or nonc.w. or nonssb or nonfm in a
>random fashion.  At Tree's suggestion, I have experimented with the
>numbers in the Icom command pause =  and the Icom response timeout =
>with numbers below the default setting to those in the current 6..15
>version.  But this seems to make no difference.  Sometimes, the frequency
>is not displayed on the screen and other times, it changes to something
>such as 165030. khz.
>After a couple of hours of fighting this problem in the ss, I had to
>disable the control link, but I am not satisfied with this method of
>fixing it.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.  I had sent
>a few of you who responded previously a message that the problem was
>solved, but I was mistaken and need your thoughts on this matter.
>Thanks and 73 de Bill k4lta

It seems that I am not the only one having control problems. I really
don't see how good control can be achieved with no flow2 control in a
consistent reliable manner. I think without using CTS and RTS for
control as is really the design of an ASYNC interface these problems
are going to continue. I would rather have them used and use the LPT
for the other functions. Save the port for control and use it
correctly.
--
Gil Baron W0MN gbaron@sparc.isl.net
Bailar es vivir" pgp2.6 key http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~bal/pks-toplev.html