[TRLog] TR Log to become RAT Log

Subject: [TRLog] TR Log to become RAT Log
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 14:33:53 -0800 (PST)
Due to a copyright violation, TR Log will be renamed RAT Log.  The
name "TR" is held by E. F. Johnson company and was applied for when
they introduced their Electronic TR Switch back in 1961.

They have recently sold the rights to "TR" to Microsoft, and their
lawyers called me up to explain my options (i.e., none).

They intend to start using initials for their windows releases since
they can't seem to get the numbers right.  So, I think the next
release of windows sometime after 1999 will be called Windows-TR.

If you look up K7RAT and K5RAT in your on-line callbook, you will
see that George and I have prepared for this day.  I didn't want
to announce the change before George had a chance to get his call.

For now, the reflector will remain trlog@contesting.com.  The
address rat@contesting.com is current in use as a mail alias
for K6NA.  We are trying to convince him to change to na@contesting.com,
but this might create confusion with another logging program.

We hope to have these details worked out before Dayton.

In other news, I noticed about 30 people have used the BBS since
I left for W5WMU.  I will assume this means the phone line has
been working better.  Hopefully this is due to some repairs made
by the phone company as opposed to the WX improving.

I added some new features during the quiet times before and after the
contest in Louisiana.  Look for 5.16 sometime before SS SSB.

73 Tree
k7rat@jzap.com