[TRLog] SARtek rotor control????

Subject: [TRLog] SARtek rotor control????
From: toms@inconnect.com (Thomas M. Schaefer)
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 20:48:30 -0700
Hi All,

Does anyone know if the SARtek rotor can be controlled from TR? The local
contest station is looking at this for station control and I was curious
about controlling it. Apparently, the rotor control is actually an ISA card
but only gets power from the PC. The control commands must be sent in via a
serial connection between the card and a com port. I guess they have a
command set that would have to be implemented.  Of course, some control
would have to used to ensure the rotor was not going around like a
turbo-prop each time a dupe check was done to different sides of the world.
Additionally, some checking of the antenna switch would help to ensure that
if an antena deemed as non-rotatable (or 90 degrees out of phase like a
rotatable dipole) was accomodated.

If this is redundant, I'm sorry, I apologize, and I regret it.

73,

Tom NY4I

PS I just finished testing the Internet packet spot interface with telnet.
Quite a nice feature for essentially free!

Words of TR Wisdom -> If Tree wrote Internet Explorer 4.0, it would work!

Any or all ideas expressed on this reflector become the property
of TR Log.