[TRLog] From the CT reflector

Subject: [TRLog] From the CT reflector
From: n6tw@csi.com (Larry Weaver)
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 13:05:45 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Gilbert Baron <gbaron@sparc.isl.net>
To: Tree N6TR <n6tr@teleport.com>
Cc: trlog@contesting.com <trlog@contesting.com>
Date: Friday,November 14,1997 10:59 AM
Subject: Re: [TRLog] From the CT reflector

SNIP

>As for 32 bits, it is not needed and besides it runs very well in a dos
>window under windows 95 so I can still do all of the multitasking that I
>want.

One of the stations in the P29AS multi-multi CQWW SSB effort used TR
ver.6.12 in a DOS window using Win95. It performed flawlessly, using the
serial port network tying all stations together.

We tried running it under the Win95 DOS mode but it ran very slowly. The
computer had only Win95; it wasn't installed replacing a DOS-based system

The only problem, attributable to multi-tasking,  was Win95 changed the time
for the end of daylight savings time which required correcting a few contact
times. Fortunately it happened on 80M where the rate wasn't very high.

Larry, N6TW