[TRLog] TR-Log and Win98

Subject: [TRLog] TR-Log and Win98
From: jfeustle@uoft02.utoledo.edu (J. Feustle)
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 10:04:30 -0500
Rumors keep flying, and after the recent hoax, I thought I verify that Tree
has indeed found a new way to bring us this fine program as fully Windoz
compliant.

I understand that the complex financial issues related to producing
sophisticated computer software for a relatively small market, ham radio,
have been solved by enlarging the appeal. I heard that Windoz-TR will come
on a CD whose marketability will be substantial. TR will be bundled with (1)
"TR-Nukem," a delightful game in which a well know (well-liked?) West
Virginia DXer screams, "I'm gonna rip off your beams and _______ down your
tower." (2) For those offended by such violence, there will be a version of
"Leisure Suit TR" (Larry?). (3) There will also be our much beloved TR-Log
itself, 32-bit compliant. (4) Finally, it is rumored that the real star of
this CD package, the one that will indeed "fund" porting TR to Windoz is...
tadah!... "Debbie Does The Sweepstakes." Those users with sufficient
computer memory will be able to run all four programs in different windows,
thanks to 98's protected memory scheme, though number 4 is probably best
left until after the contest, or for those long nights spend CQing during
the upcoming 160 contests.

73,

Joe, N8JF