[TRLog] REPEAT S&P EXCHANGE operation?

Subject: [TRLog] REPEAT S&P EXCHANGE operation?
From: n4gn@iglou.com (Tim Totten, N4GN)
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 12:19:07 -0500 (EST)
I downloaded the new manual last night, and in the process of re-reading
through it, I was reminded of something that has long been a very minor
annoyance to me.  I'm not sure if it's something stupid on my part, or I
just don't understand how it's supposed to work, or (least likely) it's a
bug.

I normally program S&P EXCHANGE with a "TU" at the front end, and
leave it out in REPEAT S&P EXCHANGE.  For example:

S&P EXCHANGE = TU # B N4GN 76 KY
REPEAT S&P EXCHANGE = # B N4GN 76 KY

So I'm tuning across the bands and come across a new stn (e.g., KJ4VH):

- I enter "KJ4VH" in the call window and hit <ENTER> (dumps my call in)
- KJ4VH sends his exchange, which I put in the exchange window and hit
<ENTER> (logs the QSO and sends my S&P EXCHANGE)
- KJ4VH doesn't copy anything, and asks for it all agn
- I hit F2 (having AUTO QSO NUMBER DECREMENT = TRUE), and I expect it to
send my REPEAT S&P EXCHANGE.  Instead, it sends my S&P EXCHANGE agn.
- KJ4VH, being a real lid, doesn't copy anything agn, and asks for it all
a third time.
- This time, when I press F2, it DOES send the REPEAT S&P EXCHANGE.

So, am I expecting the wrong thing the first time I hit F2 (expecting it
to send the REPEAT S&P EXCHANGE), or do I have something configured
improperly, or what?

In any case, it's not something that just recently changed.  This has been
happening with versions going way back.  In fact, I'm not sure if I ever
remember this working the way I thought it was supposed to.  It's just
been such a minor thing that I've never mentioned it until now.

73,

Tim Totten, n4gn@iglou.com
http://www.iglou.com/n4gn/