[TRLog] TRLog and Computer RFI..HELP!

Subject: [TRLog] TRLog and Computer RFI..HELP!
From: (Gilbert Baron)
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 23:59:23 GMT
>On Tue, 2 Dec 1997 15:07:39 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

>> Let me guess that you were using a parallel port to key the rig.
>> For stubborn cases of rfi to keying lines, I find the easiest
>> solution is to use a serial port instead. You can use one
>> serial port for both rig control and keying. For some reason
>> the serial ports are more immune to rf.
>This is a true statement.  Since the serial port puts a
>negative voltage across the base emitter junction, the noise
>immunity is much higher than the parallel port.

However, you may have other problems such as I do. I can't use the
serial port for keying or my rig control falls apart. I must have the
full CTS RTS protocol or I have problems. Just be sure you realize
that this is a possibility. I am lucky to not have an RF problem but I
am running barefoot. I can get trouble if the cable is in certain
spots in the shack.

Gil Baron W0MN
Bailar es vivir" pgp2.6 key
"Cuatro caminos hay en mi vida. Cual de los cuatro sera el mejor"
[Posted with Agent 1.5. For info, email]

Feature Wishlist: