[TRLog] Multi-multi

Subject: [TRLog] Multi-multi
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 11:19:51 -0800 (PST)
Just wanted to share the results that the W7RM crew had during the
recent CQ WW CW contest.  According to Mike, K7NT, they didn't have
the network totally connected at the start of the contest, but once
they did, they didn't lose a QSO during the weekend.  N6RO and the
VE6s didn't use the network on CW.

This is the kind of result I had been expecting after cleaning
up some of the network bugs earlier this year.

I still intend on improving the network from here.  There need
to be safeguards against a computer hanging up the data flow
while off looking at the log or the TNC.  Perhaps a timeout
after using one of these functions after a minute or two to
let the network catch up.

A multi line display for the talk messages is also needed, so in
case two (or more) messages come in next to each other, you can
see them (perhaps a 5 line window you can pop up in the LOG.TMP
area).

Some DVK improvements were implemented over the weekend and
perhaps I should release them before the ten meter contest?
They include making the DVK0 command work (to stop a message
when put in a function key message), however I also improved
the ESCAPE key operation to work to stop any DVK message, not
just those started with F1.

Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com