I am looking some information about
remote controlling a receiver with TRLOG.
My idea is to control the remote receiver with
TRLOG in a configuration like this:
PC/TRLOG <---> TNC <---> VHF-transceiver <---> Antenna
audio <--- UHF-transceiver <--- Antenna
HF-receiver <---> TNC <---> VHF-transceiver <---> Antenna
|----> UHF-transceiver ---> Antenna
* The TNC's are connected and put in a transparent mode
before they are connected to TRLOG.
* The connect status signal is used to key PTT on the
UHF-transceiver on the remote site.
* Has anyone done something like this?
* Is a 1200 bps TNC enough for tuning or should I
go for higher data rates?
* Is the quality of the audio good enough for
receiving weak signals?
Any hints or comments are welcome!
73 de Ingo / SM0AJV
FAQ on WWW: http://www.contesting.com/trlogfaq.html
Administrative requests: trlog-REQUEST@contesting.com
Feature Wishlist: http://web.jzap.com/n6tr/trwish.html