[TRLog] Interesting CW Technique

Subject: [TRLog] Interesting CW Technique
From: jalarson@micron.com (jalarson)
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 11:01:04 -0700
What about this?  Don't worry about a threshold at all.  Here is a
senario:

Call CQ, get answer, make QSO and then QRZ.
Response to QRZ?  If yes, then increment speed.
If no response to QRZ, then you go back into CQ mode at the same speed.
If you have a CQ that is unanswered then start dropping the speed with
every unanswered CQ.

In summary:
For answered QRZs or CQs increase the speed a notch.
For unanswered QRZs or CQs decrease the speed a notch.

        Well?

        73, Jim - KK7A

> Jim - KK7A, said:

>Would you guys think it was cool if TR had parameters you could set
such as:

>MIN CW RUN SPEED = 27
>MAX CW RUN SPEED = 40
>CW RUN SPEED THRESHOLD = 80
>
>The CW RUN SPEED THRESHOLD would be the rate in number of contacts per
hour before TR would start to increase the speed toward the maximum.

>Maybe a silly idea since you can just hit the Page Up key to increase
the
speed manually.

I don't think this is a silly idea at all.

I use this technique sometimes, and it sounds like a good idea, but how
would The Program know when to revert back to the slower setting?  I
would
go nuts if The Program decided to drop my speed by about 12 WPM when I
wasn't expecting it!  I am very happy with how flexible The Program is
at
present (regarding CW speed) with one exception (and, of course, I say
this
without R'ing TFM, and it could be different by now):  I would rather
have
the increment of CW speed user defined - 3 WPM is too great a step for
my
taste, and PgUp-PgDn is much easier than typing in the speed by hand.

Mark, N5OT

P.S.  If indeed this has been changed, only one RTFM response is
required,
thanks.