[TRLog] Radio Hookup

Subject: [TRLog] Radio Hookup
From: n9ssg@pobox.com (David Yanke)
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 16:26:41 -0500
Gather 'round and here what Thomas Johnson had to say at 16:18 on 15 Dec 97

> I noticed that I will need the IF232 to hook up my computer (and TR)
> to the Kenwood 850.
>
> Do I need to buy this if 232 or can I build one cheaper, or what are
> my alternatives? Plus, I have the same problem with the Yaesu FT990
> Thanks, Tom K9KJ

I believe Dennis, the author of LOGic!, offers one on his page for
about $50.  http://www.hosenose.com . Obtaining a IF232 is getting
tough. I know you additionaly need the chips installed on a TS940 to
use the 232, I'm not sure if this is a requirement with the 850 tho.

Good Luck,
Dave
Male cadavers are unyielding of testimony.
  Dave Yanke - N9SSG
    mailto:n9ssg@pobox.com    http://www.pobox.com/~frrl
    PGP Public Key: http://www.xnet.com/~n9ssg/pkey.htm
PGP Fingerprint: 4A 4D 54 3C 2D 27 8D 19 69 42 2E D7 BF 80 10 40