[TRLog] Radio Hookup

Subject: [TRLog] Radio Hookup
From: (george fremin iii)
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 17:11:46 -0600 (CST)
>I noticed that I will need the IF232 to hook up my computer (and TR) to the
>Kenwood 850.
>Do I need to buy this if 232 or can I build one cheaper, or what are my
>Plus, I have the same problem with the Yaesu FT990

I use a diode and a resistor to interface my two ts-850 radios.

You might also want to look at this web page as it
has designs for KENWOOD and ICOM interfaces.  They
look simple enough.

George Fremin III          "You give me a $10,000 custom guitar
Austin, Texas                and Chet Atkins a $200 discount
K5TR (ex.WB5VZL)              store special, and who do you think
512/416-7010                   will make better music?"                                         -- Lee AA4GA

Feature Wishlist: