Subject: [TRLog] PTT
From: (Lee Hiers, AA4GA)
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 23:57:11 +0000
On 14 Dec 97, Tree  N6TR wrote:

> I heard a local during the contest on phone who had a delay after
> his CQ machine finished the CQ.  He would often miss the first
> letter of the callsign.  PTT control of the radio is the ONLY way
> to go!  I guess break-in is also okay, but I think it adds a lot
> of fatique and isn't as useful with two radios.

I agree.  I've got a PTT box built up and usually no problems, but
this weekend, when I had PTT turned on, all that came out of the CW
port was key-down.  I could turn PTT off and the CW was fine.  It
worked OK last weekend...

Any of you hardware guys got any ideas for this appliance operator?

73 de Lee

Lee Hiers - AA4GA
Contest Preservation Society - NT4DX
Cornelia, GA