Icom Radio Inteface & Re: [TRLog] Radio Hookup

Subject: Icom Radio Inteface & Re: [TRLog] Radio Hookup
From: (Lee Hiers, AA4GA)
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 02:45:58 +0000
On 15 Dec 97, Bob Wolbert wrote:

> The only Yaesu that has ever interested me is the FT1000MP, which has a
> real serial port--no interface required. I am not sure, but believe some
> Yaesus have a TTL-level serial interface, so the Kenwood interface might
> do the trick--assuming you get the radio end pin-out correct.

I got a DX Solutions box for my Kenwood TS440 at Dayton a few years
back.  In the documentation, I think I remember seeing that the same
box was used with either Kenwood or Yaesu with some internal jumpers
being used to select the radio type...or maybe it was a different
cable.  Anyway, I think the level conversion required is probably the
same, but the radio pinout is different.

Lee Hiers - AA4GA
Contest Preservation Society - NT4DX
Cornelia, GA

Feature Wishlist: