[TRLog] Hmmmmm

Subject: [TRLog] Hmmmmm
From: (Gilbert Baron)
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 11:26:45 GMT
>On Fri, 19 Dec 1997 04:34:03 -0600 (CST), you wrote:

>My clunky Eudora-Lite puts stuff in MIME attachments as well.  In the past,
>this hasn't bothered ARRL.  So far this year, I haven't gotten ANY
>confirmations, with or without caveat....

I am extremely skeptical that mime has anything to do with the
problem. I would be extremely surprised if the software on the other
end does not support it and if it did not then you would probably be
told so. I am quite sure it has to do with the file that was sent.
Somehow it got messed up on the sending end. Mine have always gone
with no problem.

>73, Jim N9JF

>>I don't know if it's at the heart of YOUR problem, but, those who use
>>Netscape 4.0's emailer need to keep in mind that the default method of
>>sending attachments is in MIME format.  Evidently, ARRL has a problem
>>decoding MIME messages.
>>When sending logs to ARRL using Netscape 4.0, be sure to check the
>>options box that says "Uuencode instead of MIME for attachments".  I
>>think that will solve the problem.
>>PROBE ELECTRONICS 100 Higgins Road, Park Ridge IL 60068 USA
>>Keith J. Morehouse /  W9RM  / Society of Midwest Contesters
>>847-696-2828  FAX: 847-698-2045  e-mail:
>>FAQ on WWW:
>>Administrative requests:
>>Feature Wishlist:

Gil Baron W0MN
Bailar es vivir" pgp2.6 key
"Cuatro caminos hay en mi vida. Cual de los cuatro sera el mejor"
[Posted with Agent 1.5. For info, email]

Feature Wishlist: