[TRLog] TS-850 Interface Problem

Subject: [TRLog] TS-850 Interface Problem
From: patd@wolfenet.com" <patd@wolfenet.com (Patrick Dayshaw)
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 13:24:42 -0800
Ahhh, yes the critical missing piece of information.

I've re-read Section 5.5 (Radio Interface) of the manual
again and that critical piece of info doesn't appear there,
at least not in a manner that got through my thick skull.
The line "You can control the B VFO of some radios by
preceding the frequency with the single dash character"
comes close but I just didn't get the implication from it
that VFO A was THE primary VFO that TR used. I assumed I
could switch back and forth between them.

Regarding Tree's comment in his message -

"Kenwood has commands to select the frequency for VFO A or
VFO B. When TR sends frequency commands, it assumes you are
on VFO A. Some of the other commands affect both VFOs. I
will see if I can do something better eventually. "

Maybe just the statement "TR Uses VFO A for all functions
except split" in the manual would suffice.

Super program... thanks for the great support.

Patrick
WA7VNI