[TRLog] Ten-Tec questions

Subject: [TRLog] Ten-Tec questions
From: k4ro@music-city.tdec.state.tn.us (k4ro@music-city.tdec.state.tn.us)
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 15:38:55 -0600 (CST)
> Another problem I am having is with the radio interface. It
> will not reliably change bands when using Alt + B. Sometimes it
> works and sometimes not...

I still have that problem with my Icom radios occaisionally.
It happens fairly frequently on the IC-761.  I just acquired an
IC-765, but haven't tested the band change commands extensively
yet.  TR seems to be a little more solid on the IC-765.

Alt-V and Alt-B often do not switch the radio.  I always have
to watch to be sure.  I often have to change bands with the radio,
or I issue another Alt V/B.   Fortunately, the serial interface is
polled about once/second, and the software always switches to what
it is reading from the rig.  Sometimes, there is a delay reading
from the radio though, enough to log a Q on the wrong band, which
I've done more than once.

-Kirk  K4RO