[TRLog] Packet problem noted in 160 contest

Subject: [TRLog] Packet problem noted in 160 contest
From: aa4ga@contesting.com (Lee Hiers, AA4GA)
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 20:55:30 +0000
My apologies if this has already been fixed and I'm behind the curve.

Using 6.16 I believe, was CQing in the auto repeat mode.  Hit CTRL-B
to go mess around in the packet window while the unanswered CQs were
going on.  Come out of the packet window, and the auto CQ info line
is now in the callsign entry box.  Backspace everything out, and the
keep CQing.  Someone finally answers, and when I type in his call and
hit ENTER, the rig goes into transmit and the computer locks up.

This happened on two occasions.  The first time, the other station
actually hung around until the computer had re-booted!  :-)

ALSO, not a problem, but a want.  In brand CT, when going to the
callsign entry window to edit a callsign with ? marks in it, the
cursor goes straight to the ? and any keyboard entry overwrites it.
That is pretty nifty.  Yes, I know I can usually use the exchange
window to enter the proper call, but I have to re-enter everything
that's already there.

The CT deal is like this:

   OK1?AA

After entering the exchange and tabbing back to the callsign window,
the cursor is at the ?, like:

   OK1?AA
      ^

Then, just type in the correct letter and hit enter.  In TR, I have
to arrow over to the ?, type in the correct letter, and then delete
the ?.

Or, is this another option I've missed?

There was one other thing, but sleep deprivation has driven it from
my brain...time for a nap.

73 de Lee

--
Lee Hiers - AA4GA