[TRLog] TR Log Comments

Subject: [TRLog] TR Log Comments
From: geoiii@bga.com (george fremin iii)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 11:28:53 -0600 (CST)
Richard L. King writes:

>5. I had a lot of errors in the CTY.DAT that were discovered during the
>contest. Is there a way to fix these dynamically without stopping the
>contest? Some of the errors caused me to try and dup people that I had
>already worked and made it difficult to determine how many bands the
>station had already been worked on. I didn't see anything about doing this
>dynamically in the documentation, but I may have overlooked it. So I
assume

Before everyone freaks out about the CTY.DAT file - Richard was using a
special CTY.DAT file that was created last year and updated this year
by him for the FOC contest - this is NOT the CTY.DAT file that most of
you have.

>it is something I have to live with and fix it later during all the post
>contest activity. But how should I fix this stuff during post contest? Is
>this the sort of thing that the POST READ utility is used for? I need a
>better explanation of how to do this.

Yes the TR READ function would work well for fixing problems like
this - it is wonderful to have a feature that will fix all sorts of
errors WITHOUT having to hand edit tons of QSOs.

--

George Fremin III          "You give me a $10,000 custom guitar
Austin, Texas                and Chet Atkins a $200 discount