[TRLog] Multi/2-radio Logs & ARRL format

Subject: [TRLog] Multi/2-radio Logs & ARRL format
From: k1ky@bellsouth.net (Tom Delker)
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 20:35:53 -0600
I was just testing the new 2-radio naming feature in TR 6.21 (thanks for
implementing my request Tree!).  I ran what could be a problem if you
leave your log with the radio (or multi) name after the QSO number and
use the ARRL format conversion routine. The Callsigns are shifted to the
left one position from normal (if you didnt use radio numbering) in the
ARRL formatted log.  This was evident when I started out without naming
the radios and then changed mid-log.

This may not be a problem if you strip the ID's from your log before
submission, (which I guess would be prudent).  Nevertheless it happens.
I confirmed this with my old CQWW logs where we operated multi with a
network -- of course we dont submit CQWW logs in ARRL format now do we??

At any rate, for those of you who are going to use this "new" feature
this coming weekend, beware of this happening. One easy way to strip
the  radio ID's from the QSO # is to run TR READ with the radio ID's
turned off.  You end up with a clean log and no "ID's"

--
Thomas M. Delker - K1KY CFO#395 - Smyrna / Gallatin / Short Mtn. TN
C.A.T.S. (W4CAT) - 147.30 (114.8) / 145.23 / 223.98 / 444.45 & 444.65