[TRLog] QCWA

Subject: [TRLog] QCWA
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 20:14:55 -0600
What the makes you think only 'old farts' are members of
QCWA. As I understand their membership rules, anyone, no matter
how long they have been a ham, can become a member of QCWA.

Also, if you went strictly by the QC of QCWA as criteria for
membership, then someone as young as 30 could be a member....or
29....didn't I hear recently of a 4 or 5 year old getting their
ticket?

Yep...I can see it ..there's a QCWA member with time on his hands
wondering how to keep busy....GOT IT!!  Change the rules every
year to keep contest software developers from writing code for
the contest.  Yep.  That's sure something worthwhile to spend
time on.
Not only will the developers give up on the contest, so will many
hams who are members and want to use software to log.

Do you contest, W0MN?  Don't forget that a lot of those 'old
farts' are the very same 'old farts' who make many points for
many young, middle-aged, and old farts in the contests.

Besides, if it weren't for the 'old fart's there wouldn't be a
hobby for us young farts, now would there.

Lighten up, W0MN, for you WILL be an 'old fart,' too.

Dale, kg5u
(young fart at 52)