[TRLog] Icom radios

Subject: [TRLog] Icom radios
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 09:54:37 -0700 (PDT)
I have been doing some research into the Icom problems some people
are having.  I think I have some answers...

There is a function - which is enabled as a factory default - that
has the radio sending frequency information whenever the radio is
being tuned.  This is called the "transceive function".  I don't
believe this was enabled when I was working with the IC-761 before.

This function will send a bunch of data to TR which it doesn't
currently understand.  Turning off this feature will probably
result in "normal" operation.  My documentation says to refer
to the manual for your specific radio on how to turn this feature
off.

Perhaps TR should learn to deal with these messages for smoother
operation - or at least not have them get in the way.  To do this,
I would like someone who is currently having problems create and
send me a RADIO.DBG file.  To do this, start the program by typing
TR RADIODEBUG.  Spin the VFO knob around some and note the frequencies
you were on and then exit the program.  You will find the file RADIO.DBG
has been created.  This is a binary file, so you would need to make
sure it is properly encoded (uudecoded, base64 or whatever).

If I can get my hands on this during the weekend, I might be able to
put something into the next release for beta testing.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com