[TRLog] 2 Port Serial Card

Subject: [TRLog] 2 Port Serial Card
From: ehayes@VNET.IBM.COM (ehayes@VNET.IBM.COM)
Date: Fri, 8 May 98 10:49:50 CDT
I am going to attempt to add a 2 port serial card to my
IBM 100 mhz pentium machine.  I currently have an internal
modem on com1 and a soundblaster (both came with machine).
These are the only two feature cards installed.  I noticed
last nite that Win 95 shows that I have 3 com ports.  There
are only two physical connections so I don't really understand
this.  I have read some of the past posts on adding serial
cards and hope to avoid some of the pitfalls but need some info.
The card I'm going to buy has jumper selectable irq's and com
ports (ie.. Com 3, Com 4, Com 5...).  How should I set up the
card and then what do I need to do in Win 95 to make this thing
work the first time?  The vendor said it comes with a disk for
configuration also.

Thanks in advance,

Wayne  AJ5M  ehayes@vnet.ibm.com
P.S. I ain't no computer wizard!