[TRLog] 1p own continent, 2p another - how?

Subject: [TRLog] 1p own continent, 2p another - how?
From: juhan@chem.ut.ee (Juhan Poldvere)
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 15:32:06 +0300 (EET)
Hi,

I get stuck when trying to program for the Baltic Contest:
the rules say, for stations in ES, LY, YL,
1 point for a QSO with a station on your own continent including your country,
2 points for a QSO with a station on another continent.

How can this be done? The best thing I've been able to come up with thus far
is to set the contest for TOEC, which would give 1 point for my own continent
and 3 for another, and write a small program to change 3 to 2 after the
contest. Used the same approach in the Russian DX Contest this year (now
supported directly). Perhaps it would make sense to allow something like

QSO POINT METHOD = 0-1-3    (CQ WW)
QSO POINT METHOD = 2-3-5-10 (Russian DX)
QSO POINT METHOD = 0-1-3-10 (ARI)

QSO POINT METHOD = 2-2-6-10 (160, 80, 40)
QSO POINT METHOD = 1-1-3-6  (20, 15, 10)    (Croatian). Mode could also be

added into the same LOGCFG.DAT statement. This will not solve all possible
cases, but the program would sure be far more flexible.

Another way could be to modify QSO POINTS DX CW or QSO POINTS DX PHONE to
interpret DX as such and not as non-domestic.

P. S. Despite numerous rumors of the Baltic Contest being on the 16th, the
right date is 2100z May 23 till 0200z May 24.

73 & gl,
--
Juhan Poldvere, ES5QX                            ! Internet : juhan@chem.ut.ee
University of Tartu, Dept. of Chemistry          ! voice    : +(372)7-465256