[TRLog] IC-765

Subject: [TRLog] IC-765
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 09:21:54 -0700 (PDT)

Well - it seems the biggest problem with the 765 is what happens
to TR Log when you spin the VFO knob and have the "Transceive" mode
enabled on the 765.  This mode allows you to hook another radio up
to the 765 and have it follow along.  In this mode, the radio is
constantly sending frequency information over the interface.

TR normally polls a radio - once a second - to find out what
frequency it is on.  Having all this other data coming in was
creating problems with the Auto CQ function and possibly some
other things.

Yesterday morning, I taught TR how to deal with this data and actually
use it.  This has eliminated any issue with the Auto-CQ function and
most any other issues that people have seen should be resolved.

I want to test this some more - but will make a release available
soon.

This type of thing could ONLY be done with a radio in the shack,
and again, I would like to thank Rich, N7TR, for loaning me one
for testing.

73 Tree