[TRLog] Re: Network

Subject: [TRLog] Re: Network
From: ae2t@bigfoot.com (Al Gritzmacher)
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 10:52:04 -0400
<Snip>

I have each computer set up with the simple LOGCFG.DAT file I
indicated:

MY CALL = W4PA
CONTEST = IARU
MULTI PORT = SERIAL 1
COMPUTER ID = A

Each computer has the same LOGCFG.DAT file.  Except the "other"
computer has COMPUTER ID = B.

I have the computers connected with a null modem cable, pin 2 to
pin 3 and vice versa (DB-9's).  When running TR LOOPBACK I can type
on one machine and see the output on the opposite computer's screen.
I can do this with either machine.

</snip>

Try using just a three-wire cable. Signal Ground, pin2 and pin3 (crossing)
are all you need. A manufactured null modem cable may have other connections
that are confusing things.

It really does work!

73,

Al AE2T