[TRLog] Re:Network, working "sort of"

Subject: [TRLog] Re:Network, working "sort of"
From: srobbins@usit.net (Scott Robbins)
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 19:22:13 -0400 (EDT)

Re: My laptops that would not converse in TR-speak.

The end to all of this story was that I was not able to get the
two laptops to talk to each other via TR.  They will talk via TR
LOOPBACK but not with the program itself.  One is my main 486/75
color laptop, the other my junky AT&T monochrome 386/20.

Luckily, I own three laptops.  The third one is an identical AT&T
386/20.  The two ugly, slowmotion, AT&T laptops will talk to each
other in TR.  Add the 486/75 to either of the other two and it
won't work any longer.  Since I readily admit I know slightly
more than zero about computers, I have no idea why this is.

That's **OK** with me, though, I'll use the junky laptops this
weekend for IARU.  I wanted to be able to log each mode on a
separate computer for multi-single and now it'll fly.  Thanks
Tree for your help and to all of you who pitched in with
suggestions and LOGCFG.DAT files.

73,
Scott Robbins, W4PA

This e-mail message may not represent the viewpoint of my employer.
Visit the Tennessee Contest Group at <http://www.k4ro.net/tcg.html>
             "I sure don't know what I'm goin' for,
               but I'm gonna go for it for sure!" - Grateful Dead