[TRLog] "NONSSB" event

Subject: [TRLog] "NONSSB" event
From: v31jp@logical123.net (Joseph L. Pontek)
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 23:12:31 -0700
Hi Kirk, et all

K4RO Kirk Pickering wrote:

> I've now had a chance to drive 6.28 through a real contest.
>
> The "snap back" to current band seems to be working pretty well,
> though I still logged several (at least 2 dozen) NONSSB QSO's.
> Note that the "NONSSB" event also messes up the report (logs 59
> not 599...) as well as the band and mode.
>
> There is basically one major problem that remains to be ironed
> out with respect to the Icom interface.
This is not an ICOM only problem. I've had it occur with my Yaesu
FT-990 interfaced and when I have not had a rig interfaced in
earlier versions, both in contests and DXpedition mode.
> The problem is that one cannot start or stop a CW message from
> the keyboard when the "NONSSB" event occurs.  You can NOT cut

> Note that this "NONSSB" event seems to occur at random, and I can
> find no action which seems to trigger or prevent it.
Likewise, I have not been able to figure a triggering event. If I
remember correctly, it allowed dups because of this mode. I worked
a station and could not correct the mode and later worked the station
again, because of the different mode logged.

I was using laptops on each occassion, one being a Pentium 75 and
the other is a 386SX-33. No difference.

> Some questions and thoughts...
>
> Can the NONSSB thing be "cleared" from a keystroke (ESC?)  I THINK
> it MIGHT be cleared from the paddles, but is definately not from
> a keystroke at 6.28.  This is the Fix I am requesting here, to not
> have to wait for the program while it's trying to talk to the radio.
My keying was keyboard and a "Y" patched external memory keyer.

--
73 from K8Joe"Palooka" & Beverly,
K8JP, V31JP, VP5/K8JP, VP5JP, K8JP/VA2, ex-K8HKM, ex-KN8HKM