[TRLog] Re: Memory Issues

Subject: [TRLog] Re: Memory Issues
From: (
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 19:50:49 -0500
Whoa, slow down a second. If you simply want to rid your computer of these
this will work, but if the drives are dblspaced, this will cause you all
sorts of grief.

Having never used it, I'm not sure how to remove it. If I recall
corecttly, at least up to 95A, the only way was to re-format the HD, I
think 95b allowed an uninstall. I don't think it was possible with any
earlier versions of DOS tho.

Gather 'round to hear what Marty Watt said at about 6:13 on 4 Aug

> On Tue, 04 Aug 1998 04:41:01 GMT, (Marty Watt)
> wrote:
> >DBLSPACE is taking up more than 100K of conventional (less than 640K)
> >memory. I cannot find how to disable it!  Anybody got any help?
> Sure enough, as soon as you ask the question you find the answer.  Story
> of my life.
> According to  (the windows annoyances page,
> performance and troubleshooting section), simply deleting the dblspace.bin
> and drvspace.bin files from c:\ and windows\command did the trick.  TRLog
> (and other dos programs) now have a healthy 605K to play with.
> Sorry to bug everyone!
> --
> 72 es 73 de Marty, KM7W
> Franklin, Tennessee
> NorCal #2031 -- ARCI #7514 -- QRP-L #0953 -- AK/QRP #098 -- Grid EM65
> --
> FAQ on WWW:
> Submissions:
> Administrative requests:
> Problems:
> Feature Wishlist:

We had a quicksand box in our back yard. I was an only child
  Dave Yanke - N9SSG
PGP Key ID 95299BA1. Email with subject 'send n9ssg pgp' for key
PGP Fingerprint: 4A 4D 54 3C 2D 27 8D 19 69 42 2E D7 BF 80 10 40

Feature Wishlist: