[TRLog] 765/TR/NONSSB

Subject: [TRLog] 765/TR/NONSSB
From: lrod@pobox.com (lrod@pobox.com)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 22:54:14 +0000

> ...and yes, I have long since erased the original logs with the QTH's in
> them.....

Please don't take this as a personal slam, but after years of warnings in the
computer world concerning backing up, etc., and in these days of ridiculously
cheap media, what could possibly be the reason for not having an original of
every log kept somewhere?

I can't tell you the number of times I handled Field Day logs for a group I no
longer belong to wherein I had to merge several logs into one (for my purposes,
anyway) and the operation went awry somewhere or other (did I merge that 40CW
log, already?). Having the originals kept separately allowed me to start over.

Same thing if you ever change from one whiz bang general logger to another, or
just start using a whiz bang. Getting all those 'test logs in doesn't mean it's
okay to "pitch" the originals.

Ya never know.

73, Rod N4SI
                   |  It's pronounced
    The DXer formerly known as N9AKE   |  "jig-a-byte"
         (c) 5 November, 1996                       |  Look it up.