No subject

Subject: No subject
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 05:43:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Bill O'Kain" <k4lta@icx.net>
Subject: mode changes
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 22:19:34 -0700

For the past year, I have been battling a problem with the mode in trlog
randomly changing from c.w. to ssb to noncw to fm, etc, with this happening
in the receive mode so we knew it was not an rf problem.  We traced the
conflict to my voice synthisizer and the only way we had been able to solve
this problem was to unload my screen reading program "Vocal-Eyes" and not
use the synthisizer.  Tree had sugged that I experiment with the Icom
command pause value and the Icom response timeout value in the control j
list.  Previously, I had taken these values down to 50 each without any
noticable difference in the problem.  A few days ago, I lowered these
values to 40, then 30, then 20 and finally to 10 each until the problem
went away.  Tree says the Icom command pause is probably the solution and
that I can probably increase the icom response timeouts, whichh I have not
got around to trying yet, however I am very happy to report that I am now
able to control my Tentec Omni 6 with my computer using my voice
synthisizer withough the mode change problem existing, and I send this e
mail that it might be helpful to someone else having a conflict with TR and
some other device.
73 to all k4lta Bill