[TRLog] 6.30 bug

Subject: [TRLog] 6.30 bug
From: kk7gw@hotmail.com (David Jones)
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 19:28:47 PDT
This is sort of a strange bug.  In the contest menu, when you don't have
a logcfg.dat set up, it creates a dummy contest.  It seems to vary
around.  On my 266 MHz computer with W95, it will create a contest that
is gibberish, but with part of my call in it, sort of like:
[@&*_)*$&@KK7G

You can even select this as a contest, but upon hitting enter, TR drops
you with the message that it is an invalid contest.

Most of the time, this dummy contest is in the lower right hand corner,
but sometimes it is in the top left hand corner.

On computer #2 (a P75 with DOS 6.22/Windows 3.11) this bug represents
itself differently.  It will create a blank line as the dummy contest,
but with the same other symptoms.  It also repeated the YO DX contest
twice at one point.

One other note: the SAC contest does not appear on the menu...could this
have anything to do with it?  On each computer I took the 6.30 files and
overwrote the 6.28 files.

Just something strange...

73

David Jones, KK7GW