[TRLog] Version 6.32 Post Multiplier Listing

Subject: [TRLog] Version 6.32 Post Multiplier Listing
From: tom@halcyon.com (Tom Acree)
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 09:50:57 -0800 (PST)
Hi, Tom!

On Friday, 30 Oct 1998, Thomas R. Williams wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Encountered a problem with POST in previous versions and found it is
> still happening in Version 6.32. When running POST R L for a listing of
> multipliers, all three of my computers lock up. I did eventually get a
> listing to the printer once, but most of the multipliers were listed
> three or four times. Trying a listing again caused a lockup. Small
> problem, since most contests don't require a mult list, but would like
> to know if anyone else is seeing it - or is it local?
>
> 73,
> Tom N2CU

Maybe it's that name Tom <grin>....  I posted a similar problem I
encountered in 6.31-- there's some sort of problem in the alphabetizing
sequence.  Runtime error 204, I think it says before it croaks.

I find I can drop back to the POST that came with 6.29 and get the
alphabetized multipliers.  Runs very fast even on my 486-66.

I'm still hoping for a short description of how POST interacts with TR for
different contests;  it would make customizing TR much easier for the
smaller contests.  TR is invaluable because it is so flexible;  I suspect
POST is too, but so far all I've been able to do with it is the result of
guesswork.  Only found one or two sentences in the manual :-).

73 to all,

Tom  K7TG