[TRLog] More about the Alt-D bug

Subject: [TRLog] More about the Alt-D bug
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 22:21:36 -0800 (PST)

This was an interesting bug...  it appears that the root cause was
not having the compiler in "force far calls" mode during compilation.
I think it used to be in this mode as a default, but somewher along
the ling, it got out of the mode.

It should be in this mode since I use overlays.

So, the bad news, is that I don't really know for sure what the root
cause of the AltD bug was.  However, I am 95 percent confident it is
fixed.  I was able to make the computer hang given a minute or less.
With the program compiled correctly, I haven't been able to make it
hang with about 10 or 15 minutes of banging on it.

However, the GOOD news is that this will probably fix some of the other
unexplained crashes we have recently seen.

So, for those who had various strange things happen recently with the
program, please see if you think 6.33 is better.

Let me know.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com