[TRLog] Voice keyer-old laptop

Subject: [TRLog] Voice keyer-old laptop
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 21:24:32 -0800 (PST)
> Question #1
>
> Is there any shorter way to program the voice keyer than my key strokes
> below. I'm using a W9XT card.
> To program this is what I have to do:
>
> ALT-P
> F1
> ALT-W
> ESC
> ESC
> ESC
> ESC-now I'm finally back to the logging screen.

Not currently.  There is a shortcut for the DVP where you can reprogram
F1-F10 by pressing Control-F1 to Control-F10 and it will instantly start
recording and you stop with escape or return.  This feature currently isn't
implemented for the DVK, but I just added it for the next version.  Let
me know if it doesn't work.

> Question #2
>
> I've got an old Compaq laptop. Is there enough of a machine here to run TR
> fairly fast (for a 286)?
> Specs:
>
> 286 8mhz
> 40M HD
> 640K memory

Hmmm - you can run TR, and it will probably be okay, but you might not
want to deal with the TRMASTER stuff.  Also, turn off updates to the
RESTART.BIN file.

Tree