[TRLog] TRLog and Win98

Subject: [TRLog] TRLog and Win98
From: albraun@socket.net (Alan Braun)
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 00:41:54 -0000
I've had no trouble running tr on a win98 machine.  You do need to change
the "path" statement in the autoexec.bat file to include the directory where
you have tr installed.  The main flaw to running tr in a window is that
win98 has a tendency to write to cache and do other system housekeeping
chores at inconvenient times.  You don't notice this running a normal
application, but if it does so while you're sending a cw message, the cw
speed goes down to 5 wpm very quickly!  Your best bet is to boot to DOS, or
boot an older version of DOS such as 6.22 from a floppy (but that won't work
if you're using FAT32).  You won't want to run tr from a desktop shortcut
because you will be starting it from a different directory each time.

Editing the autoexec.bat file can be done by going to a dos window and
typing "Edit autoexec.bat" while in the C:\ directory.  If you don't
currently have one this will make it for you.

73 - Alan