[TRLog] Paddle problem

Subject: [TRLog] Paddle problem
From: mccarty@hal-pc.org (David K. McCarty)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 15:31:59 -0600
'Alp!

I'm setting up a laptop for next week's contest.  Paddles work on my
Compaq home computer, but on the laptop, with the same configuration I
only get one dit or one dah when I press either side.  Doesn't matter
whether I have the pullup resistor attached or not.  CW out of the same
parallel port works fine.  What's wrong here?  Is it broken and I'll
have to do without? Or is there something I can correct in the
configuration of either TR or Windows.  I am running Win 95 in command
prompt only mode, selected at startup.  Get same result running TR in a
DOS window.

GN