[TRLog] arrl 10m sim puzzle

Subject: [TRLog] arrl 10m sim puzzle
From: ae2t@bigfoot.com (Al Gritzmacher)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 10:52:52 -0500
At 03:41 AM 11/30/98 EST, you wrote:

>       ok, here I go looking like an idiot again, but I guess I'm stumped.
>
>I'm prepping my logcfg file for the 'test and thought why not have some fun at
>the same time, so I enabled the sim. I'm unable to get the stations calling me
>to give me there report.
>
>       The only thing I can come up with is that maybe because there are
> really *2*
>different incoming exchanges involved, tr can't figure out which one to accept
>based upon the call, so it just stops. Am I on the right track?
>
>LOGCFG.DAT :
>MY CALL = ZF2DA
>CONTEST = ARRL 10
>DISPLAY MODE = COLOR
>SIM ENABLE = TRUE
>MODE = CW
>MY GRID = EM 90 ( a guess )
>DISTANCE MODE = MILES
>CQ MEM F1 = TEST^\
>CQ MEM F2 = CQ^TEST^\^\^TEST
>CQ MEM F3 = 5NN^#
>CQ MEM F4 = TU^\
>CQ MEM F5 = @?
>AUTO SEND CHARACTER COUNT = 4
>SCP MINIMUM COUNT = 3
>AUTO CALL TERMINATE = TRUE
>CALLSIGN UPDATE ENABLE = TRUE
>EX MEM F3 = 5NN^#
>EX MEM F4 = TU^\
>S & P EXCHANGE = 5NN^#
>
>tnx es sri for the bandwidth, Mike ZF2DA

I'm not completely sure, but I don't think TR supports the simulator in all
contests. I know it does CQWW and SS, but never tried the ARRL 10M. I just
fired up the program and it does generate the calls, but no exchanges. If
you imagine the exchange and type it in it is happy and goes on to the next
call.

I guess you have to practice with another contest.

73, Al AE2T