[TRLog] DVK probs

Subject: [TRLog] DVK probs
From: (Doug Richardson)
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 08:41:48 PST
I used the W9XT voice keyer card in Sweeps SSB.

It called CQ like a damn, but I noticed there were times during the QSO
that the function keys would not call up the voice keyer. I could send
the F2 exchange only if I had not moved from the call window to the
exchange window. If I pressed <enter> and moved to the exchange window,
F2 did nothing. I made sure to press <F2> before <enter> and that solved
the problem when CQing.

This became a major pain in S&P mode because I had to be in the exchange
window to input the CQing station's exchange before sending my own
exchange back. I had to give manual exchanges when S&Ping because <F2>
would not call the voice keyer from the exchange window.

Is there a switch in the config file I don't know about? Why would TRLog
surpress the voice keyer at any time? Any thoughts? (Getting ready for
VE5CMA Doug Richardson
3226 Tufts Bay East
Regina SK  Canada  S4V 1V2
voice (306)789-2254