[TRLog] Question about Trlog

Subject: [TRLog] Question about Trlog
From: (Leeson)
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 21:56:44 -0800
The connector for the rig is a standard 7-pin DIN plug.  But there seem
to be two types, cheap black ones that melt when you solder them, and
better-quality gray ones that are more robust.  In any event, get a
female socket to hold the pins while you solder the cable.

K6LL sent me a note that the circuit for the Kenwood adapter (you don't
need the Kenwood IF-232 to interface to the computer, and some other
adapters I've used get their power from the computer and can hang up,
requiring recycling the rig power) is found at

The zener diode goes into the circuit with the "bar" in the direction
shown in the schematic, so it chops +12V down to +5 and -12 down to near

Dave, W6NL

Feature Wishlist: