[TRLog] RIT

Subject: [TRLog] RIT
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 20:57:51 -0800 (PST)

> You guys talking about RIT control are using something other than
> an Omni VI, right?  Or do I have something (else) misconfigured?
> Neither the dual-SHIFT or the typed frequency entry in the
> callsign window affect the RIT in any way on my Omni VI+.

This feature only works with Kenwood radios.
The other rigs do not allow for RIT control in a useful
way in their command sets.

We were trying to encourage Ten-Tec to include the
Kenwood command set in a future release of their
firmware - but I dont think they think it is worth
the trouble or effort.  The idea was that they could
have the current set (Icom based) and the Kenwood
command set.  I think it would be way cool.

--

George Fremin III                   You know you've achieved perfection
Johnson City, Texas                  in design, not when you have nothing