[TRLog] K1TTT&NETTSR&TR

Subject: [TRLog] K1TTT&NETTSR&TR
From: juhan@chem.ut.ee (Juhan Poldvere)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 17:23:19 +0200 (EET)
>From Simon, S53ZO :

> K1TTT wrote a TSR program, which replaces the COMTSRx file that CT uses with
> NETTSR, so it can be networked over a LAN network. I wonder if this program
> works with TR log, from which version on (the price?)

I doubt it. As I have understood, TR log addresses COM ports directly and does
not use dos functions to handle network traffic. Makes it difficult for NETTSR
to grab COM port interrupts. Also, I have understood that CT network traffic
is one-way in the sense that CT does not care if messages from one computer
get it to the other ones. TR log wants to see the message come back, and
resends if it doesn't (does MULTY RETRY TIME = 0 turn this off?). This has
enabled K1TTT to use a "broadcasting" protocol - UDP of TCP/IP suite,
whithout most of the rather bulky TCP/IP stuff.

> or even maybe networking via LAN is even supported?

Not yet :-(. But maybe Tree gets K1TTT to cooperate and modifies TRlog so it
comes to terms with NETTSR (modified to come to terms with TRlog).
We will then end up in a situation where every computer in a multiop
network runs its operator's favorite logging program - all different.
--
Juhan Poldvere, ES5QX