[TRLog] TR & IC-765

Subject: [TRLog] TR & IC-765
From: OZ5RM@city.dk (R. Meilstrup)
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 14:53:39 +0100
I wonder if anyone out there is using TR together with an Icom IC-765 like me.
I've never had any success in making the two talk to each other whereas my
daily logging with LogPlus! works just fine both ways - to and from the radio.
The usual commands like
RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 4 (that's the one I use with Logplus!)
RADIO ONE TYPE = IC765
RADIO ONE BAUD RATE = 1200
...are in my LOGCFG and I've even tried setting all port parameters via CT's
COMTRS (a tip from one of this list's contributors).
  Once in a while when I try to "jump-start" the radio, I suddenly see on the
TR logging screen "165630.1 kHz" and "NONSSB".
TR CW-keys the radio FB, but only when I've started the PC in absolutely pure
DOS - that is to say, I have boot on a DOS disc. (This is quite normal, as far
as I understand because of IRQs in Windows.)

By the way: Judging from the last days' contributions, hams who like their
PC-clock to be precise seem to belong to one of two categories: Those who
adjust the PC clock manually before a contest using a good clock - and those
who want their PC-clock to be precise. When mentioning the rather fantastic
Accuset program recently I goofed and got the address a bit wrong. Let's try
again: http://retsik-software.com

Incidentally, radio controlled clocks are sold here in Europe at ridiculously
low prices: A round wall clock with hands or a small digital one to put on your
desk may both be had for something like $22. They "listen" to DCF near
Stuttgart on 77.5kHz (1500 km range). DCF keeps an eye on  summer/standard time
as well. In the UK, most radio clocks are controlled by MSF Rugby on 60kHz.

  Rick, OZ5RM@city.dk