[TRLog] v6.36 and Kenwood TS-940 RIT control

Subject: [TRLog] v6.36 and Kenwood TS-940 RIT control
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III)
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 11:37:04 -0800 (PST)

> When I use the shift buttons on the keyboard for rit control, the TS-940
> scrolls up/down as much as it wants. Hitting escape does not stop the system
> from doing as it pleases.
> Any suggs?
> --joe
> DE KR6NA

I think what you are seeing is that the ts-940 is
slow to respond to commands - if you quiclkiy tap
the shift key the RIT will move a very little bit.

I have always found the RIT control to be poor
on the RIT via TR-Log.  On the TS-850 it is
very good.  I am not sure anything can be done
in TR to make the 940 work better.

--

George Fremin III                   You know you've achieved perfection
Johnson City, Texas                  in design, not when you have nothing