[TRLog] TR Log Manual

Subject: [TRLog] TR Log Manual
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 22:31:56 -0800 (PST)
Hi Gang-

Wow.

I figured I would be lucky to get one or two applicants for the manual
job.  Instead, I received 12 of them, and most of them were well
qualified to convince me that technical writing isn't in my future.

It was a very difficult choice as each candidate had some really
strong points.  Do I go with someone who has lots of experience with
the program, or someone who isn't as familar with it and can view
the program more as the first time user...  hard choices.

Several of the applicants have sent me drafts of re-written manuals.

However, it was necessary to pick one person to take ownership of
the manual, and we have chosen Doc Evans, N7DR (ex NQ0I).

Doc will focus on updating the existing manual before Dayton so it
will be current.  He won't take the scalpel to it until after
it is updated.

For those of you who have forwarded me comments on the manual, I will
be forwarding your input to Doc for his consideration.  I simply don't
have the bandwidth to even think about the manual much and need to
stop worrying about it and focus on the areas I can provide the most
value (the program).

I would like to thank all of those who applied for the position.  This
is one great group of people!!

Concerning the program, I have been very QRL doing the ARRL SS log
checking.  This consumed most of my spare time during the month of
January.  The new software package is all done and the CW results
are completed.  I am just starting the do the phone logs, but since
the software is all there, it shouldn't take more than a week.

Once this is out of my hair, I will start fixing the recent POST bugs
and making the "Dayton" push so I can impress everyone with all the
new features I have added.

Thanks for your patience.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com