[TRLog] v6.36 in ARRL DX

Subject: [TRLog] v6.36 in ARRL DX
From: ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca (Don Moman)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 17:07:26 -0700 (MST)
A few minor glitches using v6.36 this past weekend, just curious if others
noted anything.....

1.  syntax errors in the callsign when I was sure there wasn't one -
typing the same call into the exchange field would allow the qso to be
logged. This wasn't the usual O instead of 0, or I/1 mistakes.  Happened
about 6 times.....

2.   We had 2 computers networked.... both started with v6.36....The one
computer using W95 would abruptly exit back to windows by itself (did it
about 3 times in the first 12 hours). Once I was just looking at the
screen and it did it. Nothing (other than maybe network traffic) was
happening and no RF being transmitted either. I never have RF problems and
TR has never exited like this before.... I switched to 6.35 and it did it
once more in the last 36 hours.  The other computer(DOS 486/DX4-100) never
exited abruptly like this.

3.  However the 486 did (twice) appear to nearly lock-up - i.e. it
generated that long steady tone from it's speaker, but surprisingly we
could still log and send CW as normal. After a minute or so the tone quit
and everything was OK. I've heard that lock up tone before (not in TR) and
it never has solved itself like this....

4.  A couple of times, both computers (using 6.35 or 6.36) would not save
to floppy.  Said it wasn't ready - but the drive was fine. Reboot and it
saved fine, as it did 99% of the time.

Not big or frequent issues, but having usually no problems, I'm just
curious if the gremlins have moved into my shack or ????

73 Don

VE6JY  Don Moman               email: ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Box 127 Lamont, Alberta        email forwarding: ve6jy@rac.ca
CANADA  T0B 2R0