[TRLog] Manual 6.34beta

Subject: [TRLog] Manual 6.34beta
From: N7DR@arrl.net (D. R. Evans)
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 16:51:30 -0600
I have uploaded a new version of the manual, synchronised to TR version
6.34beta (i.e., mid November).

It can be obtained from links on the TR home page, www.qth.com/tr.

The change log (changes from the prior release) follows:

Reformatted the rest of the commands.
Changed look of title page.
Converted more of the bold entries in the index.
Removed many erroneous index entries.
Converted list of special CW characters to table.
Changed default paragraph format to size 12 typeface, justified.
Changed tab spacing to 1/4 inch.
Added (start of) list of tables.
Converted most paragraphs to cmr.
Converted level 1 headings to be outlined automatically.
Added index entries for several commands.
Synchronised to TR 6.33.
Replaced index entries pertaining to command line options.
Added table for CW speed and weight controls.
Added table for CW character length controls.
Added table for CW messages.
Changed size of typeface in index.
Left justified index entries.
Removed hard-wired section numbers.
Replaced level 5 and level 6 headers with command styles.
Removed numbers from appendix names and other pseudo-chapters.
Synchronised to TR 6.34beta.
Returned to Times New Roman (for now) because the PDF file grew to 7MB in
size under cmr.
Changed definition of level 2 and level 3 headers to provide for automatic
spacing.

This is still a work-in-progress, and will remain so for some time. As you
can see, I'm spending a lot of time just diddling with the format to make
it easier to change things automatically later, when I get to the meat of
building a new manual.

Please let me know of any major formatting problems.

  Doc  N7DR

D.R. Evans N7DR / G4AMJ                      N7DR@arrl.net

"Palindor Chronicles" information and extracts:
   http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR/drevans.htp